Our fast-paced life has made us vulnerable to numerous medical exigencies that may crop up unexpectedly. If we do not have a structured plan of action, the exorbitant cost of healthcare may pose a serious financial problem. Needless to say, buying a good health insurance policy for yourself and your family should be your priority. Health risks and uncertainties are no doubt a part of our life but one can at least be prepared to ensure the best medical care available. Star health insurance family health optima are one such plan that provides coverage for the entire family at an affordable premium.
Who is eligible to buy Star Family Health Optima
Indian citizens aged between 18 to 65 years can avail of this policy that can be taken on a family floater basis. This policy will cover medical emergencies for your spouse and dependent children aged between 16 days to 25 years. You can renew this plan for a lifetime after you attain the age of 65 years. Moreover, you are entitled to a free-of-cost annual health check-up if you have not made any claims during that year.
Key Features of Star family Health Optima
This plan has attractive features such as Pre and post-hospitalization, treatments that do not require hospitalization, expenses incurred during organ transplant, and many more that are enumerated below:
- Sometimes the patient doesn’t need admission for certain treatments. All daycare expenses such as Angiography, Dialysis, Eye surgery, radiotherapy are covered by the insurance company.
- The policy provides coverage for a very expensive organ transplant.
- A cashless facility is available at all network hospitals. In such cases, the insurance company directly pays all the hospital bills and the patient doesn’t have to worry about billing and reimbursement of the cost. The policyholder remains stress-free while bills are settled between the hospital and the insurance company.
- In case you are suffering from some chronic disease before taking the policy, these are covered after 48 months which is considered as a waiting period.
- Medical expenses paid 60 days before hospitalization and 90 days after being discharged come under insurance coverage.
- If the sum insured exceeds a sum of Rs.5 lacs, the insured can avail coverage for an air ambulance.
- You can avail of tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
- The insured can avail of benefits during Domiciliary hospitalization provided it is not less than three days.
- Young couples can benefit from this plan as maternity expenses as well as expenses related to the healthcare of the newborn from the 16th day onwards are also covered.
Star Health Insurance Company caters to all health care needs of the policyholder and has some very useful plans that are easily available and affordable too. Hectic lifestyle and unhealthy eating habits, besides some genetic factors, may result in some medical problem that needs immediate attention. The increasing costs of medical treatments may be a cause of worry for the common man and may adversely affect the treatment. To avoid such a situation, invest in a family health insurance policy and secure their health.