Michael Richard Pence or Mike Pence was born on June 7, 1959 in Columbus, Indiana, U.S. He was the 48th Vice President of the United States during the duration 2017–21 in the Republican administration of Pres. Donald Trump. He along with Trump was defeated by their Democratic opponents, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in 2020.
Early Life –
Mike Pence was brought up in an Irish Catholic family and his parents owned several gas stations. He completed B.A. in history at Hanover College in 1981. After a year, he had a law degree at Indiana University and he started private practice. In 1988, he unsuccessfully ran for the U.S. House of Representatives and campaigned as a populist and social conservative.
Political Role –
Pence became a good orator and developed his brand. He ran for the House of Representatives in 2000 and became known for his social conservatism. He opposed same-sex marriage and abortion. He pushed to defund Planned Parenthood. In 2003, he voted against the Medicare drug expansion. Pence ran for governor of Indiana in 2012. He took office in 2013 after winning the election. He signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) in 2015. He also signed a revision that prevented service from being denied on the basis of “sexual orientation, race, religion, or disability.” Trump named Pence as his running mate on July 15, 2016 as he was a popular choice with the party’s establishment. On January 20, 2017, Pence resigned as governor of Indiana before being sworn in as vice president.
In October 2020, Pence played a great role when Trump tested positive for the virus before the general election. Pence’s term as Vice President ended in January 2020 after Joe Biden-Kamala Harris win was certified.
Personal Life –
Pencemet Karen Batten(a former elementary school teacher)at the church and the couple got married in 1985. The couple has a son andtwo daughters: Michael Pence, Audrey Pence and Charlotte Pence.
Mike Pence Biography –
- Birth Name – Michael Richard “Mike” Pence
- Nickname – Mike
- Date of Birth – 07 June, 1959
- Age –62 years
- Birth Place – Columbus, Indiana, United States
- Profession – American Politician and Attorney
- Party – Republican Party
- Zodiac / Sun Sign – Gemini
- Nationality – American
- Religion – Evangelicalism
- Ethnicity – Irish
- Hobbies – Travelling and Reading
- Qualifications – B.A. in History
- Height – 5’11” (180 cm)
- Weight – 72 kg (159 lbs)
- Eye Color – Hazel Brown
- Hair Color – White
- Marital Status – Married
- Wife – Karen Pence (since 1985)
- Son – Michael Pence
- Daughter – Audrey Pence, Charlotte Pence
- Father – Edward J. Pence Jr.
- Mother – Nancy Jane Pence
- Net Worth – Approx. $ 400,000
Mike PenceInstagram Account –
Some Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- Marlon Bundo, a pet rabbit that he keeps, has appeared in two children’s books, one written by Jill Twiss and the other by his daughter Charlotte.
- He never goes out to eat with other ladies or goes to parties where alcohol is served without his wife.
- In an effort to increase public trust, he had his coronavirus vaccination (a Pfizer vaccine) on December 18 during a live television broadcast.
FAQs forMike Pence –
1. What is the profession of Mike Pence?
He is an American Politician and Attorney.
2. What is the Mike Pence height?
5’11” (180 cm)
3. What is the Mike Pence age?
4. What is the name of Pence’s wife?
5. How tall is Mike Pence?
He is 5 feet and 11 inches tall. His height in cm is approx. 180 cm.
6. How old is Mike Pence?
Pence was a conservative radio and TV talk show host in the 1990s. U.S. Vice President Mike Pence successfully ran for Congress in 2000. Donald Trump was his running mate in July 2016 and Pence became Vice President of the United States when Trump won the presidential race in 2016.