Do you have a bucket list of trips you’ve been dreaming about? Maybe you’ve always wanted to take a cross-country road trip or tour Europe. There’s a whole wide world of wonders waiting to be explored.
If an Amazon rainforest tour is on your list, you’re probably wondering how feasible it would be to make the trip a reality. How hard would it hit your pocketbook? How much time should you take off work?
You can choose from various Amazon rainforest tours depending on the length of time and desired activities. The price points also differ, of course. Booking a tour means having a private guide to ensure your trip is a beautiful success.
Book the Whole Package
Instead of booking everything separately, the most significant benefit of a tour package is that everything is included. When you reserve Amazon rainforest tours, you’ll get:
- All meals had—breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Drinking water and WiFi
- Activities and excursions in the Amazon, including boat trips and hikes
- Your private guide who personalizes your trip just for you
- Private lodgings with exquisite views
- Transportation to/from the airport or hotel depending on arrival and departure times
Need a Quick Trip?
With packages varying between a brief three days/2 nights and a stay lasting over a week, you can build a package that suits your needs. If you’ve only got a few days to explore, your best option is the three days/2 nights itinerary, which packs a lot of fun and adventure into a short amount of time.
This whirlwind includes a nice, scenic drive, boat rides, and day and night hikes to see different wildlife and nocturnal animals. You can even look for other species of monkey-like squirrel monkeys or Howler monkeys. You’re sure to make lifelong memories.
If You’ve Got More Time, You Can Do Even More
Longer Amazon rainforest tours include even more activities if you have extra days to spare. In addition to everything above, you can:
- Go canoeing, fishing, or swim with dolphins
- Add additional hikes, including ones where you learn about medicinal and industrial plants
- Bird watching for more than 600 species of birds
- Sail one of the area’s lagoons
- Visit an Amazonian village and explore different ways of life
- Nighttime boat excursions
- Visit San Pedro, explore its different ecosystems, and check out several frog species (careful, they’re colorful but poisonous)!
- Sample rum after watching the process of making it from sugarcane
In addition, because everything is so customizable, you’re only limited by your imagination. There are endless things to explore! Countless hiking trails, areas to go sailing, and just enjoying being out in nature are all reasons to extend your trip.
Amazon Rainforest Tours Are Surprisingly Affordable
Of course, the total cost varies depending on how long you wish to stay, but it is more reasonable than you might think. Many all-inclusive resorts in other parts of the world are several thousand dollars per person and may not include excursions. Amazon rainforest tours can be a fraction of that.
Other Factors to Consider
It’s more important than ever to be kind to the local environment and preserve wildlife. Make sure that you book an Amazon rainforest tour with a genuinely committed company to give back to the community they’re operating in. Environmentally friendly practices that reduce waste and protect the native flora and fauna are critical to keeping in mind.
The Trip of a Lifetime
Many people dream of checking out the Amazon rainforest, and you can make it happen more quickly than you might expect. If you have the opportunity, don’t hesitate to go. You’ll make memories that last forever.