Amrapali Kata is 2010 IAS officer of Telangana Cadre who is famous for being the first woman IAS officer to be appointed as the District Collector of Warangal Urban District.She hasbecome the ideal and motivation of many IAS aspirants and for women who want to do somethingfor their country. Collector Amrapali is referred to as the Young Dynamic Officer for her success at a very young age.
Early Life –
Amrapali Kata was born on 4 November 1982 in Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India. Her father’s name is Venkat Reddy Kata who was a professor at the Andhra University and her mother, Padmavathi is a homemaker. Amrapali has a sister who works at the Revenue Department of Karnataka. The IAS Officer grew up in Andhra Pradesh and has spent her childhood and completed studies there.
Education Life –
Amrapali started her primary schooling at SaiSatyaMandir School, Vishakhapatnam. She was a very bright, studious and intelligent student from her early times. In order to pursue her B. Tech education, Amrapali was enrolled in the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT-Madras) and then in the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore, India for MBA (PGDM). Also, she has earned a Master in Business Administration (M.B.L.) Degree from National Law School of India University, Bangalore. Soon after, she joined ABN AMRO as a junior relationship banker but her mind got diverted towards civil services and she quit her job and gave her full time for the IAS preparation.
IAS Journey of Amrapali Kata
During her full time study and efforts upon preparation, Amrapali learned several new things in the civil services field. She studied for over 6 to 7 hours on a daily basis and had her own strategies for preparation. She worked very hard day-night and her efforts made her the youngest lady to crack UPSC in 2010. She achieved 39th rank all over India and scored a total of 1241 marks out of 2300.
At first, Amrapali was appointed as the Sub-Collector in 2013 and got a chance to serve Vikarabad, Telangana. Soon, she was appointed as the director of the women and child welfare department. In 2015, Amrapali became the Joint Collector of Ranga Reddy District in Telangana and then as the District Collector of Warangal Urban District, Telangana in 2016.
Contributions of Amrapali Kata –
Amrapali is a very hard working IAS officer and she is consistently working for the Warangal Urban district and has implemented several principles. She encourages the students for being techyin the modern digital world and has been also seen distributing laptops to the village revenue officers. Amrapali IAShas also donated blood several times and has been always seen enhancing the workers and people for doing the right and great things.
Personal Life –
Amrapali Kata IAS was married on 18 February 2018 to IPS officer Sameer Sharma.
Collector Amrapali Biography –
- Name – Amrapali Kata
- Birth Date – 4 November 1982
- Birth Place – Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Age – 39 Years
- Profession – IAS Officer
- Rank – 39
- Famous for – Being Youngest IAS of 2010
- School – SaiSatyaMandir School, Vishakhapatnam
- College/Institute – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT-Madras) and Indian Institute of Management (IIM)
- Education – B. Com, MBA (Diploma in PG)
- Father – Venkat Reddy Kata
- Mother – Padmavathi
- Marital Status – Married
- Marriage Date – 18 February 2018
- Husband – IPS Sameer Sharma
- Nationality – Indian
Interesting facts about Amrapali
- Everyone is aware of the fact that she reserved up to 500 Bahubhali movie tickets and donated them to those who were really struggling. People are incredibly happy and driven while working with such a great figure.
- The second and most significant is that she organizes Blood Donation Camps and routinely donates her blood.
- She carves out time throughout his shift, notably, to attend the instructional session and inspires the group.
Wrap Up –
Amrapali’sscoreshave always beenan inspiration for the youngsters of the country. Her works and efforts have been appreciated many times by the local and central government.